Saturday, April 16, 2011

.:POETRY TERMS:. Stanza ♥

Definition[:
It's an arrangement of lines, usually it's four, sometimes having a certain length with a rhyme scheme, creating something called a paragraph of a poem.


Example[:
*Stanza.1*
The story starts when it was hot and it was summer and,
I had it all; I had him right there where I wanted him,
She came along, got him along, now let's here the applause,
She took him faster than you can say sabotage.
*Stanza.2*
I never saw it coming, wouldn't have suspected it,
I underestimated just who I was dealing with,
She had to know the pain was beating on me like a drum,
She underestimated just who she was stealing from.
[Better Than Revenge - Taylor Swift]

Significance[:
It separates the poem into bits so that it's easier to read. Like essays and other writings, a different paragraph means another idea. Stanza is another word for a paragraph in poems. It symbolizes another idea in the poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment