Tuesday, May 3, 2011

.:POETRY TERMS:. Lines ♥

Definition[:
Lots of words combined until it reaches its outermost part of the page and is followed by another line underneath. For poems, a new line starts when you press enter.


Example[:
Anywhere you are, I am near.
Anywhere you go, I'll be there.
Anytime you whisper my name, you'll see.

How every single promise I keep.
Cos' what kinda guy would I be?
If I was to leave when you need me most.

[What Are Words - Chris Medina]

Significance[:
Well, technically speaking, without lines there wouldn't be a poem. It would just be a bunch of words jumbled together and continuing forever as one line. And that would still be a line, so without a line, there would be no words. Without words there would definately not be a poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment