Saturday, April 16, 2011

.:POETRY TERMS:. Imagery ♥

Definition[:
The formation of mental description or illustration collectively. Images go through your brain while you hear descriptive words from a writing.


Example[:
I'm five years old,
It's getting cold out,
Got my big coat on.
I hear your laugh,
and look up smiling at you,
I run and run
Pass the pumpkin patch
and the tractor's ride
and now, the sky is gold.
I hug your legs
and fall asleep
on the way home.
[The Best Day - Taylor Swift]

Significance[:
The importance of images in your mind will help you understand and connect with the poem more. How you see the images is based on your concept, it also has to depend on the descriptive words of the poem. Desccriptive poems tend to paint a picture in your mind so you can comprehend the piece of writing while reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment