Sunday, April 24, 2011

.:POETRY TERMS:. Rhyme ♥

Definition[:
When the ending of words sound alike, like 'wall', 'fall', 'ball', 'mall'... They all have the 'all' ending.



Example[:
Can somebody explain to me,
Why everybody is trying to be,
Living like a celebrity,
Doing what they see on MTV.

Ice is cool but I'm looking for more,
Simple things are what my heart beats for.
Cos' that's me, I don't ask for much,
Baby, having you is enough.

Significance[:
I think what's important about rhyming is that it makes the poem sound more fun, and good. Because you can talk about this one thing, one topic, when you have so many words that sound alike in the poem. It's also fun to rhyme because you can experience with half-rhymes, and rhymes that don't have to visually look alike but sound alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment